M.A.C Painterly Paint Pot - How I love thee!

So today I decided to blog about something I absolutely love. A product I use almost every day!
The M.A.C Paint Pot in the shade Painterly.

Now I've heard a lot of talk about products that are specifically marketed as eyelid/eyeshadow primers, some are pigmented, and some translucent, and I know M.A.C even has their own, but I prefer to use this cream to powder finish eye product as a base. That way, you get a nice bit of colour deposited first. I'm dying to try the Urban Decay Eden eye shadow primer, which from what I can tell, is a similar shade, but I'm trying to behave myself and wait until I visit the states in a few months (ahhh - SEPHORA!!) to get that one.

Anyway, back to Painterly. It's basically a matte nudish beige shadow, and if you aren't familiar with the M.A.C paint pots (RRP AUD$35), they're basically little pots of eyeshadow cream that go on smooth and dry to a crease proof powder finish that lasts and lasts. They're not good to apply with a brush, I find the tip of my finger works best, and you really don't have to use too much for a great finish.

I was a little concerned when I first purchased a paint pot, as I've had similar products before that have dried up super fast. But the M.A.C glass pots and super tightly sealed screw on lid seem to keep the product perfect. I've had paint pots for months and months and they've never dried out, or run out for that matter!

My go to eye-wear for day is a coat of Painterly worked over the entire lid and up to the brow, then a quick fluff brush application of M.A.C eyeshadow in Woodwinked (a lovely brownish bronze) worked circularly around the outer edges of the lid and the crease, finished off with a lick of brown mascara. I've worn Woodwinked on it's own or with other powder eye products before and to me it just doesn't wear as well or look as pretty. Painterly - what did I do without you?

xxx
BeautyScholar

image courtesy of Keerati on free digital photos dot net.
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=1939

0 comments:

Post a Comment