Review: Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Cleansing Wipes & New Product Shout Out!

I'm pretty positive that not a day goes by when I don't reach for one of the Nivea Daily Essentials Cleansing Wipes for dry and sensitive skin. Whether it's getting rid of that last bit of black smudge under my eyes after I've cleansed my skin, or if it's for a super fast morning pick-me-up cleanse - these do not disappoint.



I've tried so many different facial / makeup removing cleansing wipes and I continue to go back to this brand. I bought them initially because after reading packet after packet I found that this particular offering from Nivea didn't have a truck load of parabens in it like a lot of the other wipes on the market. This probably has something to do with the formulation designed for sensitive skin, I can't comment on the other Nivea wipes in this range because I've never tried them. I will say however I was looking around for something priced at around $7 or $8 a packet. I know some of the higher end brands have wipes (Napoleon and M.A.C for instance) but I go through so many of them that I wanted something affordable I could easily pick up at Priceline or my local supermarket.

I continue to go back to these wipes time after time however because of a couple of reasons. Firstly, I find them to be much gentler on my skin than other wipes that can sometimes feel like sandpaper soaked in acid! You know the feeling, roughish cloth - chemically scented coating. It's not something you enjoy rubbing on your face.

These wipes have a soft almost soapy scent, it's not overpowering and I find it to be quite refreshing. My skin feels soft and slightly hydrated afterward, and there is no tightness or dryness like you can get from similar products which contain too much alcohol.

I like the cloth that they make them with too, it's pliable and has enough texture to remove stubborn makeup but it is by no means abrasive. According to Nivea, this is due to 'the soft fleece with micro-sponges' - sounds like a cross between a baby lamb and sponge-bob squarepants doesn't it?! Whatever.. it feels nice!

It goes without saying then that I was pretty stoked to find out that Nivea has now extended this 'Daily Essentials' range to include moisturising creams and another version of wipes for those extra sensitive folk, which are fragrance free. With three options in these new day creams, one for Normal and Combination Skin, one for Oily & Combination Skin and one for Dry and Sensitive Skin (yay that's me!) there is surely something in this range for everyone.They're all priced at around $12.99, 50ml, and come complete with SPF15 (a must for any daily moisturiser).


 I'm looking forward to trying them - watch this space!

BeautyScholar xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment